Welcome to my World!

Hello visitor! Welcome to the world of Pam Overstreet. Please feel free to comment, vent, question, or generally just chat. Have a great day!


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Video Journals

My class has began keeping their daily journal with my webcam. I cannot post them due to the nature of my students residential status at my school. They absolutely love it. They each pick their daily topic and make a few notes about what they want to talk about. They can talk up to 10 minutes each day on their chosen topic. I do ask that they turn in topic they have chosen for documentation. We are still working on the rules and guidelines. When we began this they were aware that it was a new idea and proper use of the webcam was expected. And that we may have to change the quidelines as we go. They understood and have very responsible with assignment. I believe that they are very interested because of the freedom to talk about a subject and not have to write. I rotate each day and review the video with them. We now talk about proper grammar and how to talk to an audience. They can hear how they sound and they do correct themselves often. It has been a wonderful experience and I will continue to use this tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment